If skyblock is new to you, do not worry! The map starts of with a basic quest line, which will guide you through the basics of skyblock survival.
Dulls dusks works with a quest system. This means that in the beginning of the map, you will receive a book with an introductory text, followed by the quest. The text is meant to inform you on the subject of the quest and give you instructions on what needs to happen. The quest is a task which requires you to do something. This can vary from having items in your inventory to visiting a certain location or killing a specific monster. All of this is explained in your quest book. These are the possible tasks you can come across:
- Detection task: A task where the player has to have a certain amount of a specific item in their inventory
- Consume taks: A task where the player has to hand in a certain amount of a specific item
- Crafting task: A task where the player has to craft a certain amount of a specific item
- Visiting task: A task where the player has to visit a specific location in the overworld
- Nether Visit task: A task where the player has to visit a specific location in the nether
After completing a quest you will receive a reward. These rewards will in most cases help you survive better, or help you with the following quest. Therefore it is necessary that you conserve as many items as you can. Dying is crucial. There are 3 types of possible rewards:
- Item Reward: the player receives an item, block or tool. This bonus is in every quest, and every quest has a set reward.
- Reward Bag: when thrown, this bag will randomly give you an item. It might be useful, it might not be. This reward is received with some quests
- World upgrade reward: An upgrade only received when you complete a quest line, other than the first quest line. It can upgrade for example the random tick speed, to make your crops grow faster!
You must know that sometimes you need to be patient. There are a few grindy quest which will ask you to get a load of materials you might not ever need. Most quest are optimized to be challenging, but not overly complicated or hard.
Donate to stimulate the growth of the map and help support me!
Get into contact with the creator of this map and have your influence on the map!